10.23.2016

she had no tolerance for scenes which were not of her own making

  1. What are 3 things on your Wish List and why? a region-free Blu-ray player, a nice set of drinking glasses, and a couple of books. (Because I need one, I'd like to have some that match, and I can always use something new to read.)
  2. Do you miss your childhood? sometimes, in some ways, yes. A lot of things were much simpler then.
  3. What do you do on your spare time on the weekends? I have as little spare time on the weekends as possible right now. The last couple of weeks have been spent sorting through thousands of computer files for migration into one place.
  4. What do you appreciate most in your life? Hell, I don't know. Love? Second chances? Respect? Caffeine? Thoughtful conversation? Hugs? A decent nap?
  5. Would you rather be rich or healthy? healthy, I suppose, since all the money in the world can't buy good health. But it could come pretty damned close a lot of the time, and I am pretty fucking broke....
  6. If you could go back in time would you--and why? yes. There are a few key decisions that I would make differently (or that I would, simply, make) which would change things dramatically. I'm not saying it's all so wrong, just that, given the choice, some of it shouldn't have happened the way that it did.
  7. Favorite game as a child? Tripoley
  8. What is your dream career? this is one of those questions that makes my brain hurt
  9. What do you do in your free time? cook, clean, fold laundry - you know, all that exciting stuff that little kids dream about when they imagine adulthood
  10. Favorite clothing stores? there's a place about a half-block from where I work called Kate+Bella that I have come to love. Terrific jewelry, socks & leggings, and tops (among many other things). I'm not much of a clothing shopper, really, but I am in there at least once a week.
  11. What TV shows can't you live without? none, since I don't have television service. I'm sure that I will again someday, but for now I'm enjoying staying out of it all.
  12. 3 things you need in your life are: caffeine, books, and quiet
  13. What can't you sleep without? eh. Under the right circumstances I can sleep pretty much anywhere, anytime. I prefer dark and quiet and cool, but I can make do with what I get.
  14. Who do you have a celebrity crush on? there are lots - I've seen a lot of Jason Statham lately
  15. What is your favorite season and why? autumn is nice
  16. What is your favorite wild animal? fish
  17. Name 3 of your favorite childhood shows: MASH, St. Elsewhere, and Moonlighting - that's the first trio that popped into my head.
  18. If you could live as a character in a movie who would it be? my life is contrived and dramatic enough, thank you
  19. Favorite vegetables? peas
  20. Favorite fruit? peaches
  21. If you had a dragon, what would you name it? Pete
  22. What do you put on hotdogs? ketchup & mustard. I know; it's a weeding question and I've shown myself unworthy in certain circles. I'm all right with that.
  23. Do you play online games? nope
  24. What's your favorite way to get inspired? depends what sort of inspiration I seek. Sometimes a nap is just the thing, while other times a walk or some music or reading...
  25. Do you have a middle name? I do. There are circumstances in which having no middle name would make life needlessly complicated.
['Wish List Meme, part one' from here; the title quotation is by Edith Wharton, from The House of Mirth]

1 comment:

  1. I never could understand Tripoley. Probably because no one was around to 'splain it to me. But we did own it.

    Fish??

    ReplyDelete