12.05.2016

dare to be naïve

  1. What does each decade make you think of:
    The 19..

    • 20's: blissful ignorance
    • 30's: despair
    • 40's: war
    • 50's: blissful ignorance
    • 60's: war
    • 70's: anger and confusion
    • 80's: reaction
    • 90's: music
    • 2000: electronics
    • 2010's: confusion
  2. To which decade do you feel the most special connection, and why? none is more special than any other, really. I was born in the 70s. Each decade before that has some meaning but it is historical or related to my family and not to me directly. The 1970s are a blur, to be honest--my memories are very much melted into the stories that have been told and retold, the photographs I've seen a thousand times, and the people I've known my whole life. The 80s saw the launching of my consciousness, but were also a source of a great deal of discontent and confusion. What teenager can really describe herself as 'happy' or settled or even really connected? The 1990s were my school years, in the sense that I was choosing to be in school rather than going because I had to. I was also married then. Was that "my time"? Not really. There was a lot of moving house, a lot of pain and depression and illness, and the beginning of the end of that marriage. The 2000s were all about restructuring. So, the 2010s, maybe...?  
  3. What is your favorite oldie/classic rock song? I have no favorites in music. There are far too many for me to choose any one. However, in the interest of offering a suggestion, I'll say that "Under Pressure" is my highest-ranked Queen song in my iTunes. 
  4. What country do you live in...? I live in the same country where I've always been
  5. If you could say any sentence to the current leader of your country what would it be?
    "Please, don't go."
  6. What's your favorite TV channel to watch in the middle of the night? N/A--I don't have TV
  7. What Disney villain are you the most like and why? Theatrical? Pffffffft!  
  8. Have you ever been a Girl Scout/Boy Scout? no, but I was a Brownie for a millisecond before I realized that the little outfits were strangely reminiscent of another organization that creeped me the F out...
  9. If you were traveling to another continent would you rather fly or take a boat? fly--except to go south, in which case I'd like to go by boat and see the Panama Canal. Life goal!
  10. Why is the sky blue during the day and black at night? magic
  11. What does your name mean? beloved
  12. Would you rather explore the deeps of the ocean or outer space? ocean
  13. Word association:
    What is/are the first word(s) that come(s) to mind when you see the word:

    • Air: Traffic Control
    • Meat: -for-Sex
    • Different: Stages
    • Pink: Raise Your Glass
    • Deserve: this
    • White: elephant
    • Elvis: velvet
    • Magic: 8-ball
    • Heart: -break
    • Clash: Casbah
    • Pulp: Fiction
  14. If you could meet any person in the world who is dead who would you want it to be? my paternal grandfather
  15. What if you could meet anyone who is alive? David James Duncan
  16. Is there a movie that you love so much you could watch it everyday? every day is a bit much, but there are several that I could watch once a week. A bunch of Kevin Costner's, for instance. The Rundown. Dodgeball. The Professional.
  17. You are going to be stuck alone in an elevator for a week. What do you bring to do? stupid, stupid question
  18. Have you ever saved someone's life or had your life saved? yes
  19. Make up a definition for the following silly words...
    • Fruitgoogle: it's known by the trademark "Amazon Pantry"
    • Ambytime: my daily walk
    • Asscactus: that college roommate who never did move the gift that her parents sent for Easter, of a succulent plant, found out later that it made a terrible seat cushion--better known as an...
  20. What was the last thing you made with your own hands? dinner
  21. What was your favorite toy as a child? a stuffed mouse named Randy
  22. How many TV’s are in your house? two
  23. What is your favorite thing to do outside? walk inside
  24. How do you feel when you see a rainbow? sort of like this guy. But kinda not.  "What does this mean?!"  
  25. Have you ever dreamt a dream that came true? yes.  Be careful what you wish for!
  26. Have you ever been to a psychic/tarot reader? no
  27. What is your idea of paradise? rolling fields of catnip, as far as the eye can see
  28. Do you believe in G/god and if so what is he/she/it like? that's need-to-know
  29. Do you believe in Hell? yes
  30. What one thing have you done that most people haven't? hmm. Well. I passed the bar exam on the first try.
  31. What is the kindest thing you have ever done? I don't practice law.
  32. Are you a patient person? not really. I exercise patience, but I am not, elementally, a patient person. If that doesn't make sense, we can talk about it sometime.
  33. What holiday should exist but doesn't? single-people's day
  34. What holiday shouldn't exist but does? "Sweetest Day." Tell me that accomplishes anything that Valentine's Day didn't already do?
[from here, divided in thirds; the title quotation is by Buckminster Fuller]

1 comment:

  1. OK, when P!nk comes on Spotify today, I'll be thinking about you.

    (I hate Sweetest Day so much...)

    ReplyDelete