12.06.2016

I always give books. And I always ask for books

It's time for a somewhat regular feature on the blog: Stuff I Want. The twist on this list is that it's mostly mundane or even essential items; the coffers are low and I'm thinking in terms of needs rather than wants.

All I want for Christmas is...

A couple of 8-packs of those little cans of Coke. Or three..

Some guilt-free books. I've pretty well run my local library out of e-books, and have reread everything on my own shelves. To buy new books, without feeling guilty? I can't even imagine.

A tonsillectomy. No, I'm not being gory; I'm putting off having the surgery until I can afford it.

Victoria's Secret underwear. Not the fancy, useless stuff, just the regular everyday sorts of things to round out the wardrobe. In an effort to save some money, I got some discount-store versions of what I'd usually buy; the difference is dramatic.

The J.Peterman Grecian Goddess Dress. Because it can't all be serious!

Braces. My teeth are a little bit crooked & crowded. and need straightening so they are easier to keep clean and healthy. And yes, another exercise in budgeting...

A vacation. Just a few days away...




A pair of Born Azurite boots. Color: Black, Size: 7.5. From Dodds Shoe Co. in Laramie, WY.

Cereal. A pallet or two. Enough that I'm not likely to run out in the next month.

The camera. At long last.

Anything from my Amazon wish-list. There's an oddly wide range of stuff on that list. Any or all of it would please me inordinately.

Retirement. No, not literally. Just some hope toward that idea at some point in the future.

Poufy Cheetos. Because, when all else fails, they bring joy.

[the title quotation is by John Waters, and reads in its entirety:

“I always give books. And I always ask for books. I think you should reward people sexually for getting you books. Don’t send a thank-you note; repay them with sexual activity. If the book is rare or by your favorite author or one you didn't know about, reward them with the most perverted sex act you can think of. Otherwise, you can just make out.”]

1 comment:

  1. Is it bad that I saw that quote yesterday and IMMEDIATELY thought of you? Well, you, and a couple of other reading friends....

    Do you know about Amazon's Subscribe and Save thing: you order monthly deliveries of stuff and the more you order, the cheaper each thing is. (very basic description)
    It might help you with your cereal and Coke things. :)

    ReplyDelete