12.07.2016

which would you rather be if you had the choice--divinely beautiful or dazzlingly clever or angelically good?

  1. What's the best joke you ever heard? the only joke I ever tell is about a bosomy lobster. I have a memory like a sieve for jokes.
  2. Where is the most fun place you have EVER been? my old boss Andy's "cabin" in Traverse City. The perfect vacation spot, where absolutely everything was settled and comfortable, and there was no such thing as time.
  3. Is your hair color natural or dyed? my natural hair color is probably in there somewhere, but it hasn't been in the majority for a dozen years or more. It's on the red side right now, headed toward blond in less than a week.
  4. Do you have any deep dark secrets or are you pretty much up front? I've divulged a lot on the blog - and my best friends know probably more than they wish they do! - but there are still some things that only I know. Which is how it ought to be.
  5. What is under your bed right now? a box of gift wrapping supplies and a box of smaller boxes (for wrapping and mailing)
  6. If you were in the Land of Oz would you want to live there or go home? home, for sure. That place is freaky as heck.
  7. If you drive, do you frequently speed? I do, yes.
  8. What is the world's best song to dance to? at the moment...
  9. What song was on the last time you danced with someone? ha! Probably that one..
  10. Do you prefer Disney or Warner Brothers? Warner Brothers
  11. What is the first animal you would run to see if you went to the zoo? meerkats
  12. Would you consider yourself to be romantic? I think that I am a romantic, but I've not had occasion to be romantic in a while. I wonder if I've forgotten how?
  13. If the earth stopped rotating would we all fly off? that might be the least of our worries at that point
  14. What is the one thing that you love to do so much that you would make sacrifices to be able to do it? read
  15. If you (and everyone) had to lose one right or freedom, but you could pick which one everyone had to lose, what would you pick? the moment we begin sacrificing our rights--and particularly when we are willing to sacrifice others' rights as well--we are in far more danger than that one, seemingly simple, loss. Step back and look at what 'right' or 'freedom' means.
  16. If you had to choose, would you live on the equator or at the North Pole? the equator would have to do it--but I don't see it happening anytime soon
  17. Would you rather give up listening to music or watching television? watching television, clearly. It just doesn't draw me in like music can.
  18. What do you think makes someone a hero? extraordinary action in the face of an extraordinary obstacle
  19. What cartoon would you like to be a character in? wow, that wouldn't interest me in the least!
  20. Name one thing that turns your stomach: untrustworthiness
  21. What was the last thing you paid for? groceries: cereal, bread, jam, and soup.
  22. Are you a coupon clipper? I am, though I'm not much of a coupon shopper. It's one of the ironies of my life.
  23. Get anything good in the mail recently? nothing but bills and more bills...
  24. Which would you rather take as a gym class: dancing, sailing, karate, or bowling? bowling, though if there were other martial arts offerings I'd take something along that line
  25. In Star Trek, people 'beam' back and forth between different places. What this means is they stand in a little tube and their molecules are deconstructed and sent to another tube somewhere else where they are reassembled. Only problem is that when the molecules are deconstructed, the person is dead. When they are put back together, it is only a clone that has all the dead person's memories. So...is the person who gets beamed the same person on both ends? that's not really a 'clone', is it? I mean, I don't understand much about biology, but I don't think that cloning involves that sort of "first generation" relationship.

    But, anyway, the question stands. Is it the same person? Well, what is it to be a 'person'? If I die and am brought back to life through medical means, then am I the same person, or a different one? If I lose my memory and am forced to create new ones for the remainder of my life, at what point do I 'become' a different 'person'?

    Is the person the body? The mind? The memories? The soul?

    I don't know. Yes? Maybe?
  26. What insects are you afraid of? beetles
  27. If you could print any phrase on a T-shirt, what would it say? Approach with Caution
  28. What's the most eccentric thing you have ever worn? pretty much my entire high school wardrobe was weird
  29. If you could pick one food that you could eat all you wanted but it would have no effect on how much you weigh, what food would it be? breakfast. This sums it up:
    mocha & apple fritter
  30. What are your parents interested in? reading. Food. Technology. Movies.

    Huh - they sound a little like me.
  31. Have you ever caught an insect and kept it as a pet? ick, no. We used to trap fireflies when I was pretty little, but it was always catch-and-release.
  32. Have you ever caught and tamed a wild animal? only briefly, and rarely with much success
  33. What is more helpful to you, wishes or plans? each is helpful in its own way. Plans get things done, and wishes make it tolerable.
  34. When do you feel your life energy the strongest? between about 10PM and 3AM. Or between July and early November.
  35. You are spending the night alone in the woods and may bring only 3 items with you. What do you bring?
    • a super-deluxe camper with several redundant heating, cooling, and locking mechanisms
    • phone & charger
    • a LOT of food

[from here, divided in thirds {this is the first 100 of...seriously, 5000?!}; the title quotation is by L.M. Montgomery, from Anne of Green Gables]

1 comment:

  1. Shocking how our answers for 14 are the same.
    :D

    ReplyDelete