12.18.2016

everything you possess of skill, and wealth, and handicraft, wasn't it first merely a thought and a quest?

  1. Have you ever sent someone a surprise though the mail? oooh, yes. 'Tis the season, isn't it? But there's a much better story... The culmination of the Animal-Brain Lawyer saga involved the mailing of an orange camouflaged hat and a mix CD that still makes my face burn to think about, much less to hear. I suppose that it ought to be humiliating but it's just funny now. I liked that guy a whole lot, and in uncharacteristically dramatical fashion. I'm surprised we all got out of it unsinged.
  2. Are you looking forward to any concerts right now? nope, I'm not really a concert person anymore - a combination of the fear of heights, migraines induced by excessive sound and lights, and general dislike for too many people in one space
  3. Of all animated movies, which is the best one you've ever seen? that's a toss-up. I think that The Incredibles is probably the best that I've seen, but Despicable Me is my favorite.
  4. What are the best bands or songs to listen to while driving? my go-to long mixes are Vertical Horizon and Sister Hazel - I know all their songs from memory, and (in the privacy of my own car, at least) our voices blend just right. Also, it's the right combination of thoughtful lyrics and good music to keep a drive from getting dull.
  5. What do you think is the most amazing thing that anyone has ever accomplished? anyone? ever??

    To have loved, and not lost. Gone through hardships, picked up pieces, reassembled, rearranged, and gone on loving.
    That is amazing to me.
  6. What could a member of the opposite sex do to impress you? just show up. Not bail at the first moment of indecision or ...
    nevermind.
    I don't think I'm impressible in this way.
    Moving. On.
  7. About how many emails do you get a day? At work? Probably 150. At home, in various places? 30.
  8. How many of those emails are junk mail? Work: 0; Home: I was only counting the ones that get into the inbox, so 0 as well.
  9. How many of them are forwards? Work: 0, but there's usually a meme or two. Home: maybe 1/week?
  10. What's your favorite thing to do online besides write in your diary and hang out at this site? request materials from the library, banking/finance, ordering (and checking to see WTF is going on with the orders I'm waiting for!), update Goodreads, check the weather, and take little stabs at rejoining FB
  11. Do you believe Kurt Cobain killed himself or was it a conspiracy? yes
  12. Have you ever though about hitchhiking across the country? the thought has entered my mind, but I would never seriously consider it. I am essentially lazy, physically unfit, and intimidated by that sort of unknown. Plus, I hate being dirty.
  13. Who would you bring with you on this kind of a road trip? Someone with a car that was reliable. Who I liked a whole-damn-lot.
  14. Of the following, which word best describes you: accurate / bold that actually made me laugh out loud, because I can imagine some people in my life arguing vociferously for one of them, and others arguing for the other. While I can certainly make the case for both. So, yeah. Since I'm willing to put up such a debate about it, I guess I'm going to have to go with 'accurate.' Which is naturally making me laugh more.
  15. charming / dependable I certainly hope that I'm more charming than I am dependable!
  16. If you are single, at about what age do you think you will be ready to settle down and get married? If you are married, how old were you at the time? I was 20 when I was engaged. Does that tell enough of that truth?
  17. Do you often wonder, when you say goodbye to people, if it is the last time you will ever see them? yes. All the time. So if my hugs are a little too tight or too long - indulge me.
  18. What movie are you most looking forward to seeing when it comes out? I'm looking forward to watching Fail Safe with my parents on Christmas day.
  19. What is your quest? I seek the Grail.
  20. What is louder and more annoying: 200 adults talking or one four-year-old screaming? depends on the size of the room. And the duration and location of the screaming.
  21. Do you believe the stories about planes, boats and people mysteriously disappearing into the Bermuda Triangle? yes. Recently read some articles about it, too (e.g. this one). I do have a fascination about weather.
  22. Who are you the most jealous of? apart from some petty things (I lurrrvvvvvvve the Laugher's black boots, for instance, and Susie Q's way with baking, and R's camera..), there's nothing that I want, so much. I'm pretty well satisfied.
  23. What is the happiest way you can start your day? more sleep, hands down. Always. And then, to wake without being awakened, just to rise and shine on my own. I can't even imagine the untold bliss.
  24. Do you ever have moments where you feel like everything is all right in the world? sure. It's rare, but it happens.
  25. Who thinks that you are offensive? my boss, and the attached minions. A former attachment's current attachment. One of my family members (not a close one, obviously).
  26. If you had to teach a class in something, what would you be able to teach people? how to make grilled ham & cheese sandwiches, or hand-beaded snowflake ornaments. Journaling. Intermediate Scones.
  27. Have you ever had a spiritual experience (an experience that cannot be explained by science)? not such that I would share the details here
  28. Do you believe that this experience was truly mystical or do you think there is some scientific explanation for it, only you don't know what it is? I think that, if one could "think there is some scientific explanation for it [but not] know what it is," that could fall under the rubric of 'spiritual experience.' For me, anyway.
  29. Do you get offended easily? not so you'd notice
  30. Would you still love and stay with your significant other if he or she had to have a breast or testicle removed? WOW.
  31. Do you believe in fate or free will? yes.

    Frustrating, isn't it? But, yes. I do. Believe in elements of both.
  32. Do you believe that only boring people get bored? no, boredom is universal
  33. Can life change or are we all stuck in vain? the only constant is change, and we're all stuck dealing with that. We settle in, get used to our routine, and then life throws a curve. That's what's so hard to deal with. Not the routine itself, but the disruption of it.
  34. What changes are you afraid of? losing things, the sorts of things that I use as protection against people or emotions that are inconvenient or challenging. Losing things that are settled for new things that are messy and uncontrollable. Pain.
  35. Are you a day person or nocturnal? very, very nocturnal
  36. What one CD could you listen to for an entire week (no mixed CD’s, it must be an album)? Millionaires by James. I love all their stuff, but that's the one I'm into lately.

[Grabbed from here - it's the middle third of the second one hundred of five thousand. Confused yet? The title quotation is by Rumi {Jalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Rūmī}]

1 comment:

  1. Good to see that our questing tends in the same ironical direction.

    ReplyDelete