- What is your favorite mixed drink? rum + lemonade
- When answering these questions are you often pulled in different directions, as if committing to one answer eliminates the possibility for all others? well, I think that the questions are written as if there are only two answers (north pole, south pole) when in reality there is primarily a vast gray area in between. So I don't feel terribly "pulled" to either of those extremes, just mildly amused by the idea that anyone would be sufficiently naïve to believe in them.
- Chicken Marsala, Pasta Primavera, Veal Cutlet Parmesan or Linguini with Clam Sauce? meh. There are other Italian dishes that I would prefer to any of these.
- If you were alone in your friend's house/room/apartment would you look in their drawers and notebooks? not unless invited to do so. With that kind of knowledge comes responsibility.
- What would you really like to do but you don't because you are afraid of getting caught? drink more, more often. That's probably about as wild as it gets.
- Of the following, which word best describes you: responsible, spontaneous, tactful, uninhibited? I suppose that depends who you ask. People who don't know me well at all would say that I'm "responsible." My very best friend would agree that I'm spontaneous, albeit within certain limits. I can be tactful (also within certain limits). And pretty much all my really good friends and every guy I've ever dated knows I'm uninhibited when I'm comfortable. So that's the one I'd choose.
- Which band would you most likely check out? The Smiths (indi-pop 80's-90's), The Lords of Acid (acid/house/dance 90's), or Front 242 (80's-90's industrial/dance)? The Smiths, given that I'm marginally a fan already
- How can one put an end to procrastination, as a bad habit? get over your own ego. It's all about seeing one's own (whatever) as more important than (the alternative). It's kind of like always being late. Once you get over your own bad self and the idea that you're the center of the universe and everyone else can damned well wait for you, then you start showing up on time and respecting other people. When you start respecting yourself and the choices you've made (on purpose, even!), then the procrastination thing seems less "fun."
- What feature would you want on your car that is not currently offered? tie-downs, to keep my cargo from sailing around the cabin. I rarely have passengers, but I transport things all the time. The ability to move a potted plant without it tipping over? That would be wondrous.
- What kind of poetry speaks to you? pretty much all of it. I'm no huge lover of form over function, so I'd prefer something that feels nice to something that's technically perfect. But, like all of art, it's a personal thing and I'd never tell anyone else that they shouldn't like what they like. Poetry keeps me sane; I love it
- What is your favorite store that is open 24 hours? Kwik-Trip, baby! It's like a White Hen, but with gasoline!
- Do you find that sleep is just so much sleepier when you are supposed to be doing something else? oh Hell yes. Even on the weekends, I can take the most astoundingly lovely naps when I could be reading or watching a movie ... but what bliss!
- Do you also find that the books you chose are so much more luscious when you have a stack of actual assignments that you should be reading? not really. The worst I get with stuff like that is putting off paying bills when there's a blog post to put up. And that only happens every few days.
- If you have had the chance to compare the original 5000 Question Survey to this edited version, what is your opinion? I'm really not that into this whole thing.
- What's the most creative answer you can think of for 'what is black and white and red all over'? ugh, the only thing that comes to mind is the dead skunk that was smeared all over the river road this morning on the way to work. It absolutely reeked for a mile in each direction. I completely forgot about it on the way home but managed to dodge the tiny blob of what was left just in time.
- Why do people slow down on the highway when they pass a cop car pulling someone else over? because it's the law in this state! And it ought to be the law everywhere.
- Are they afraid that the cop will STOP pulling over whoever he is pulling over and pull them over instead? I would imagine that it's equal parts just trying to get out of the way safely, and trying to see if the person pulled over is someone they know. Simple curiosity.
- It's daddy's birthday. What do you get him? I've never once called my father "daddy." Last year I got him a case for his e-reader so he could use it without holding it in his hands. He noted an improvement in his posture and his hands stopped aching so much within a month.
- What's your "5,000 question survey nickname"? Look at the word next to the 2nd letter of your first name
A anything but
H heaps of
M Mr. (or Mrs.)
T the one and only
W wishing for
Y yearning for
Now take the first letter of your last name.
C creme pie
D drag queen
M mannish boys
Put the two words together for your nickname. Mrs God?!
- You know that shaky feeling that you get when it's all coming to a climax, and everyone involved is breaking into the good kind of cold sweat, working as individuals and at the same time as a single force of energy, and it all meshes together, and for a brief moment, you're holding your breath and tingling all over, and after it's done you're on an explosive and dizzying high for the rest of the night? What does that feeling come from? the last time it was like that... the Steelers won the Super Bowl!
[From the 5000-question meme; this is the first segment of the eighth part. The title quotation is by Virgil, from Aeneid, Book I]