8.19.2017

I grabbed a pile of dust, and holding it up, foolishly asked for as many birthdays as the grains of dust, I forgot to ask that they be years of youth

It's that time of year again. Besides the usual lists that exist elsewhere, here's my annual "birthday wish list."

Flowers. I'm a late convert to the strictly sentimental.

Little Cokes. The tiny ones are more fun.


Emerald necklace. Something like this one, from Angara.

Peridot necklace. I love this one, from Gemologica.


Massage package. There are several places in town (this one is good, and I'm planning to check this one out soon). I'd like to get back in a routine of regular visits, to keep that aspect of my health and stress under control.

A nice set of glasses. When I began my single life (2d ed.), I went with "quirky" as a design aesthetic. As I age, though, I'm moving toward wanting something a little more normal. I like these Impressions double old-fashioned glasses from Crate and Barrel.



iPhone 7, black (not jet), 256 GB


Queen sheet set, fine cotton, perhaps gray? Maybe something crazy, like with a pattern. Dots?

Shop-vac. I know nothing about them, but have the feeling I'm going to need one (a lot) in the next few months!

Ultra-fine Sharpies


Just...all my bills paid. Or any of them, really. There's quite a variety at this point, more than enough for everyone. Way more than enough for me. Easiest route: drop me some cash here.

Yay, birthdays!

[the title quotation is by Ovid, from Metamorphoses]

No comments:

Post a Comment