8.26.2017

U better live now Before the grim reaper come knocking on your door

  1. What's on your key chain besides keys? a garage door opener and a hardware token
  2. How do you feel about endangered species? protect the animals (and plants), dude
  3. What was the last CD you bought? probably something obscure & European (Elbow?) or Canadian (Dala?)
  4. Do you like feather pillows? funny, I was just swapping out a couple of pillows that have served their time and are ready to be thrown out. One was down and the other was feather-and-down. The replacements are both down-alternative.
  5. How about water beds? no likey. Too much independent movement; I'd rather sleep on the floor!
  6. Who or what do you feel the deepest responsibility towards? um, that's a question that I'm not sure I feel comfortable answering. Not because it's so very personal, but because it's difficult. There are a lot of layers of responsibility, and it shifts at times depending on what else is going on. Sometimes it's family, other times it's my job, a lot of the time it's money, and sometimes it's my friends and other loved ones. Maybe most of the time it's myself, one way or another? I don't know.
  7. How long is forever? "...that's a mighty long time"
  8. Who is your favorite family member? there is no appropriate answer to that question
  9. Who would you be afraid to have angry at you? I can think of a few people right off the bat. The thought of their righteous anger is horrifying. Not because of the anger, so much as deserving it.
  10. Does this survey feel like it will never end? I'm more than a third done. "Never" is overblowing it by quite a bit.
  11. Have you ever eaten any kind of food off of someone else's body? yup
  12. Do you like the direction your life is going in? sure - forward is better than the alternative
  13. Are you a traditional person? in some ways, yes
  14. Have you ever felt like the victim of societal injustice? not really? I'm sure that I am, if I really thought about it. So I just don't think about it. There's plenty of personal "injustice" about which to whine. My life's really not that bad, anyway.
  15. What feelings or thoughts do you repress? only the really bad ones
  16. What makes you feel ecstatic? the spirit, moving me
  17. What was your biggest mistake in the past three months? staying silent when I ought to have spoken up--as usual!
  18. York Peppermint Patty or Reese's Peanut Butter Cups? Reese's. I can eat the other ones, but I do not love them.
  19. What are your feelings, if any, about Hugh Hefner? he's an icky old man who ought to just stop
  20. What is your specialty? that's a topic that's been much on my mind lately. The answer may be houseplants? Or reading. I'm a really good reader. Or prehaps imagining a life that's different than the one I've got, but not taking the steps necessary to make it happen.
  21. Have you ever had a stalker? sort of. The very mildest high school version, anyway.
  22. Have you ever been a stalker? maybe? Combine an addictive personality with mobility, boredom, and means (i.e. a car, gas money, and the time to wander), and it seems a likely result. After the first year or so of college it morphed into something less scary and more...adaptive. Call it being "observant" rather than straight-up "creepy."
  23. Ideally, how far would you like to live from your nearest neighbor? 100 yards
  24. What would you do if a teacher accused you of cheating when you really weren't? depends on the ramifications. Some things aren't worth getting wound up about.
  25. Or if that doesn't apply to you.. What would you do if a manager accused you of stealing when you really weren't? that's worth getting wound up about. Go ahead and try to prove it.
  26. What store would you most like a $10,000 (about 5900 British pounds) gift certificate to? Amazon. If it had to be a physical store, then Target or Menards. I could shop the hell out of Menards with that much dough.

[From the 5000-question meme; this is the first quarter of the seventeenth part. The title quotation is from "Let's Go Crazy" by Prince & the Revolution]

No comments:

Post a Comment