9.12.2017

I propose to wring the truth out of you

  1. Who are you waiting for an email/call/note/visit from? right at this moment, I have all that I need. I am happy.
  2. What are you counting the days until? that question hurts my soul

    Thursday appeals a lot. Saturday sounds pretty good, too.
  3. What is the greatest temptation for you? attention
  4. How do you resist it? make myself prickly
  5. Who is your knight in shining armor? there are a few of them. They know who they are. Finest kind.
  6. If you were walking and someone behind you yelled "HEY YOU!" would you turn around? depends on the circumstances. If there were a bunch of people around, I wouldn't likely pay attention at all. If we were alone...I probably wouldn't turn around. Creepy.
  7. Do loud noises make you tense? yes. "I've been reading a book about introversion..." and have come to the conclusion that I am a "highly sensitive person." Sigh.
  8. Has anyone ever told you that your epidermis was showing? har har har
  9. Would you rather work or stay home with the baby? if some sort of baby miracle happened at this point, I'd sure as hell stay home for the entire blessed experience
  10. Would you rather have people agree with you all the time or tell you the honest truth? honest truth is almost always better, as long as it's not an excuse for brutality
  11. Will you/have you gone to your high school reunion? I've been to one. The friends that I miss, I see (or at least remain in contact with). Those I don't, I don't.
  12. What do you think of your yearbook picture? it's not bad
  13. Are you more of a hunter or a gatherer? funny thought. I suppose that I'm roughly half and half; my green side is the gatherer and my orange is the hunter.
  14. If you ever were to visit Hershey Park, the theme park based on the chocolate candy, would you enjoy going to the spa where you can be treated to a whipped cocoa bath, a milk and honey bath, or simply a chocolate fondue skin wrap? no, thank you. I love skin treatments, but neither of those sounds any good at all.
  15. If someone asks you to read a poem they wrote, will you really take your time to try and understand what they wrote and tell them what you think or just read it quickly and tell them that its really good? truth is key in that situation
  16. Do you feel that if a coincidence occurs it means something? once is accident, twice is coincidence - but three times is a pattern
  17. Were you beautiful as a child? nope. The highest I've ever aspired to is "cute."
  18. Do you think that it is OK for a homosexual or a woman to become a priest? I'm really not too bent out of shape about the priesthood
  19. Which would you rather give up forever, religion or sex? funny
  20. What comes to mind when you think of these places:
    Canada?
    Justin Trudeau
  21. UK? architecture
  22. USA? red, white and blue
  23. Australia? Wolfgang
  24. Germany? beer
  25. Italy? food
  26. What does your favorite bumper sticker say? "vegetarians taste funny"
  27. Have you ever taken a shower with another person? I'm sure I cannot answer that without incriminating
  28. What bath toys do you have, if any? ninja duck
  29. Would you rather propose to someone you love or would you rather be proposed to by someone you love? uhm. Not an issue.
  30. How can you reject someone nicely? tell the truth, don't give too much detail, and resist the urge to be too emotional
  31. Pick an object in the room. Give that object a name. there is a treadmill (new to me, bought used from friends) that I now call "my roommate"
  32. What is the quickest way to make you blush? get me telling stories from my young teen years
  33. Do you usually feel that you deserve it when other people compliment you? sometimes. If someone is sincere in their compliment, I accept it.
  34. If you were to start your own business, what kind of business do you think it might be? I decided last night to grow birch trees, calla lilies and sunflowers for sale to hipsters
  35. What is one of your pet peeves? people bursting into my office without knocking or otherwise announcing their presence
  36. What question do you get asked too frequently? "why did you go to law school?"

[From the 5000-question meme; this is the second third of the eighteenth part. The title quotation is from Goldfinger by Ian Fleming, and reads in its entirety:

"Mr Bond, they have a saying in Chicago: 'Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action.' Miami, Sandwich and now Geneva. I propose to wring the truth out of you."]

No comments:

Post a Comment