11.26.2019

to perceive Christmas through its wrappings becomes more difficult with every year

Welcome to my not quite annual Christmas Gimme post. This is where I share a longish list of the stuff that I will probably buy for myself anyway, given enough time to let it percolate on my Target list or in my Amazon cart. However, since I've been in a quite tight financial situation lately, there will be no splurging on myself for a while. No fear of doubling up, I promise.
Stretch long-sleeved workout shirts from Amazon
(color doesn't matter)
(Medium or Large - I wear both, in different scenarios)
Bullet blender. Type immaterial, nothing too fancy.
Detour Smart bars
(cookie dough, apple, blueberry, or coconut almond)
Clothing steamer. I've never had one, so I have no idea what features to look for or anything, but it sure would be handy to have one.
Flannel PJ pants
size: Men's Medium
the thicker & longer, the better
plaid is best
Peace lily, or some other easy-care flowering plant
King Arthur Flour half-sheet baking parchment paper
Immersion blender (also known as a stick blender).  Again, I've never owned one, so I don't know what to look for in one.
Women's mid-calf athletic socks, white (plain logos are fine)
Hy-Vee (yup, groceries), Target (the list of what I need and have been putting off buying from Target is endless), Menards (need some paint, a couple of light fixtures, and a storage shelf for the basement), Home Depot (need to replace a sink), Wayfair (need a lamp), Amazon (did you know that you can get some reasonably priced groceries from Amazon, too??) gift cards

Really, what I could mostly use is some company doing the stuff that I don't want to or cannot do on my own. Anybody who loves carpet cleaning, come on by. I've got ample floor space for you to teach me how to do it, and I'll buy lunch and drinks. Do you particularly enjoy installing light fixtures? Have at it! Are you trickstery, and like replacing door locks (including a garage door opener button panel that needs swapping out for a new high tech one)? I'll set you up. Have a hankering to scrape out 1/4 basement's worth of old tile so it can be replaced? Yippee-kay-yay, MF!

[the title quotation is by E.B. White, in "The Distant Music of the Hounds," from The Second Tree from the Corner]

No comments:

Post a Comment