9.24.2020

one sad voice has its nest among the ruins of the years. It sings to me in the night, — “I loved you.”

XXVIII
    O Beauty, find thyself in love, not in the flattery of thy mirror. 
 
XXXIII
    Life finds its wealth by the claims of the world, and its worth by the claims of love. 

XXXV
    The bird wishes it were a cloud.
The cloud wishes it were a bird. 

XXXVII
    I cannot tell why this heart languishes in silence.
It is for small needs it never asks, or knows or remembers. 

XL
    Do not blame your food because you have no appetite. 

XLIII
    The fish in the water is silent, the animal on the earth is noisy, the bird in the air is singing.
But Man has in him the silence of the sea, the noise of the earth and the music of the air. 

XLIV
    The world rushes on over the strings of the lingering heart making the music of sadness. 

LXXII
    In my solitude of heart I feel the sigh of this widowed evening veiled with mist and rain. 

LXXIII
    Chastity is a wealth that comes from an abundance of love. 

LXXV
    We read the world wrong and say that it deceives us.

LXXIX
    Man barricades against himself. 

LXXX
    Your voice, my friend, wanders in my heart, like the muffled sound of the sea among these listening pines. 

LXXXI
    What is this unseen flame of darkness whose sparks are the stars? 

LXXXVII
    This longing is for the one who is felt in the dark, but not seen in the day. 

LXXXVIII
    The scabbard is content to be dull when it protects the keenness of the sword. 

XCVI
    The noise of the moment scoffs at the music of the Eternal. 

CII
    Do not linger to gather flowers to keep them, but walk on, for flowers will keep themselves blooming all your way. 

CVI
    The touch of nameless days clings to my heart like mosses around the old tree. 

CX
    Man goes into the noisy crowd to drown his own clamour of silence. 

CXX
    I feel thy beauty, dark night, like that of the loved woman when she has put out the lamp. 

CXXIII
    The bird thinks it is an act of kindness to give the fish a lift in the air. 

CXLII
    Let me think that there is one among those stars that guides my life through the dark unknown. 

CXLIV
    One sad voice has its nest among the ruins of the years.
It sings to me in the night,—“I loved you.” 

CXLVI
    I have my stars in the sky,
But oh for my little lamp unlit in my house. 

CLIV
    By plucking her petals you do not gather the beauty of the flower. 

CLIX
    When we rejoice in our fullness, then we can part with our fruits with joy. 

CCCXIV
    When all the strings of my life will be tuned, my Master, then at every touch of thine will come out the music of love. 

CCCXVII
    I feel thy gaze upon my heart this moment like the sunny silence of the morning upon the lonely field whose harvest is over.

CCCXXV
    Let this be my last word, that I trust in thy love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment