10.09.2020

ever since I met you I have admired you more than any girl ... I have ever met since ... I met you

 from 160 First Date Questions

33. What do you do to unwind?  turn clockwise, slowly

34. What's your favorite app on your phone?  Amazon Photos, which backs up my pictures automatically

Alan Davies
35. Ugliest animal? Cutest animal?   ugliest: Joe Camel  cutest: it's a tie between Rupert and the big guy

36. Who is the kindest person you know?  Alan Davies. I don't exactly know him, but I feel like it would be rewarding. (And he looks uncannily similar to my grad school mentor.)

37. What's your favorite piece of furniture you've ever owned?  I once had an oversized evergreen and cream striped couch. Comfortable; nice looking; great for sitting, lounging & napping; easy to clean. I miss that couch.

38. Who are "your kind of people"?  smart alecks

39. Where's the strangest place you've ever been?  a comedy club in A2. It was in a basement on one of the N/S streets - possibly East Liberty? - below a restaurant. I saw Emo Philips there in the company of some people that I barely knew. The place was packed tight, which was creepy. The whole time we were there I obsessed about fire codes and stampedes. 

41. What would be the best city to live in?  Lawrence, Kansas. It's a lot like A2 but without the snobby (or not as much, anyway) and with better weather (which is not hard to imagine). And if I have to live in a real city, please let it be a college town! 

42. What household chore is just the worst?  cleaning the bathtub. There is no angle to stand or kneel or lean that does not strain my back, and it seems like my face is always directly in the spray so I am trying not to breath in chemicals and work as fast as possible, getting lightheaded, and swearing nonstop. Maybe it's just me. 

43. If you could give yourself a nickname, what would you want people to call you?  nicknames cannot be taken; they must be given

44. What odd talent do you have?  I'm very good at telling the identity - or at least the nationality - of people doing voiceovers for commercials or TV programs

45. If you could give everyone just one piece of advice, what would it be?  righty-tighty, lefty-loosey

46. What would you like to know more about, but haven't had the time to look into it?  in-depth history of the National Park System of the United States

47. What country do you never want to visit?  sorry, China

48. What wrong assumptions do people make about you?  that quiet = boring; that shy = bored; that having a degree (or two) in History means that I have been granted 100% of all historical knowledge from the beginning of time to the present; that I'm too girly to care about sports and action films; and that because I like sports and action films, I'm not into girly things like shoes and jewelry. That's a good start, maybe....

ninja cowboy usually works alone

49. Do you prefer to work in a team or alone?  alone or with one other person whose style matches mine

50. What has been the best period of your life so far?  my whole life has been good in some way, and some more than others

51. How have you changed from when you were in high school?  shorter, lighter-colored hair; more assertive and less aggressive; no less mouthy but smarter about it; and I generally eat less crappy food

52. How techie are you?  on a scale from 1-10, I'm a strong six, maybe a seven some days some ways

54. Have you ever joined any meet-up groups?  I am not a joiner

55. Where would your friends or family be most surprised to find you?  in a dance club at 3 in the morning - or in a kindergarten

56. What's the most relaxing situation you could imagine?  long bath, massage, nap

57. What is the most beautiful view you've seen?  in college we used to say that beauty is in the eye of the beer holder. Around the time that I was making that pronouncement, I visited Florida for the first time, spending spring break in Cocoa Beach with the other sibling (and taking my first commercial flight). That view of the ocean was, to my 19-year-old self, astoundingly beautiful.

Pacific CBD
58. What's expensive but totally worth it?  CBD massage cream

59. When do you feel most out of place?  when I'm unprepared for something for which I could have been prepared, and put on the spot

60. What's the most recent thing you've done for the first time?  had a glass (well, one-third of a glass, maybe?) of port wine

61. How did you come to love one of your favorite musicians?  Brian from Mad-town was a huge fan of Chevelle (I think he actually knew the guys in the band personally?) and recommended them to me. Though he turned out to be a walking disaster area, I still do love the band. 

62. How did you meet your best friend?  kismet

[from here; the title quotation is by Oscar Wilde, from The Importance of Being Earnest]

No comments:

Post a Comment