10.24.2020

I share with you the secrets that others will tell on their last day

Soul so close, whatever you think of I know, 
but I want more convincing proof. 

Do not arrive and say, Now I am here. 
Our closeness is not like that. 

I am a support column in your house, 
a waterspout on your roof. 

I share with you the secrets 
that others will tell on their last day. 

This is no ordinary friendship. 
I attend your banquet as wine is passed around the table. 

Like lightning, I am an expert at dying. 
Like lightning, this beauty has no language. 
It makes no difference whether I win or lose. 

You sit with us in a congregation of the dead, 
where one handful of dirt says, I was once a head of hair. 
Another, I was a backbone. 
You say nothing. 

Love comes in saying, 
I can deliver you from yourself in this moment. 

Now my lover and beloved grow quiet. 
My mouth is burning with sweetness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment