1.19.2021

your purpose in life is to find your purpose and give your whole heart and soul to it

from 101 Questions 
 
61. What do you fear most in life? 
  dogs, heights, and living too long
62. Is there anything you are running away from?
   yes.
63. Are you settling for less than what you are worth? … Why?
   everybody settles for less than they are worth at times, because it's a fact of life. It's part of the negotiation and compromise of being an adult. The point is determining how much is too much, and when to call it.
contemplating inner dialogue
64. What is your inner dialogue like?
   that stands between me and my journal (and sometimes my therapist)
65. What limiting beliefs are you holding on to?
   that staying in this area is the (only) right thing for my life, that owning a house - this house - is right & good, and that patience can be rewarded
66. Are they helping you achieve your goals?
  sometimes no, but sometimes yes. The world isn't all sunshine and easy happiness.
67. If not, is it time to let them go?
   well yeah - though that's clearly easier said than done
69. What bad habits do you want to break?
   behaving decently to people who don't deserve it, splitting my fingernails, and side-sleeping
workout
70. What good habits do you want to cultivate?
  exercise, frugality, and appropriate (emotional) generosity
72. Where are you living right now – the past, future or present?
  mostly present, and a little of each of the other
73. Are you living your life to the fullest right now?
   no - but under COVID who is?
75. What is your purpose in life? Why do you exist? What is your mission? 
  I don't know if I have one purpose. I suppose that has always seemed like the kind of thing that happens to people who are lucky or smart enough to have found a vocation or calling. 
    Why do I exist? Ask my parents. 
    What is my mission? Connection.
77. What drives you?
  curiosity, love, and money
78. What are the times you are most inspired, most motivated, most charged up?
   when I've been given a challenge, a quest to meet, a puzzle to solve—by someone whose respect I seek
80. How can you change someone’s life for the better today?
  I spent an hour or so with my parents, after which I succeeded in a quest upon which my dad had set me. That's a success.

[from here; the title quotation is by the Buddha]

No comments:

Post a Comment