2.04.2021

and for forgetting it so that a thousand times, till death finds them, they may discover it again

Two girls discover 
the secret of life 
in a sudden line of 
poetry. 
 
I who don’t know the 
secret wrote 
the line. They 
told me 
 
(through a third person) 
they had found it 
but not what it was 
not even 
 
what line it was. No doubt 
by now, more than a week 
later, they have forgotten 
the secret, 
 
the line, the name of 
the poem. I love them 
for finding what 
I can’t find, 
 
and for loving me 
for the line I wrote, 
and for forgetting it 
so that 
 
a thousand times, till death 
finds them, they may  
discover it again, in other 
lines 
 
in other 
happenings. And for 
wanting to know it, 
for 
 
assuming there is 
such a secret, yes, 
for that 
most of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment