7.01.2022

everybody is dealing with how much of their own aliveness they can bear and how much they need to anesthetize themselves

1) Who is the last person you high-fived?  a former colleague who has an uncomfortable fascination with them
 
2) If you were drafted into a war, would you survive?  what an ignorant question! War is not a "zombie apocalypse" joke. Though, for what it's worth, I am nowhere near fit or brave enough to perform well in combat.
 
3) Can you sleep with the TV on?  rarely. Pretty much only specific naps.
 
4) Have you ever drunk milk straight out of the carton?  only when I was little, to see what it was like. Anyway, milk-in-a-bag is not conducive to direct drinking. 
 
5) Have you ever won a spelling bee?  nope, I think I got stage-fright
 
6) Have you ever been stung by a bee?  yep, it happened now and then when I was a kid
 
7) How fast can you type?  according to this site, 74 WPM. That's more than I'd expected!
 
8) Are you afraid of the dark?  no, because nothing is there in the dark that's not already there when it's light
 
9) Eye color: mine? blueish. My favorite eyes are greenish, grayish hazel
 
10) Have you ever made out at a drive-in? sadly, no. If I had a bkt list, though, that would be on it for sure!
 
11) When was the last time you chose a bath over a shower?  oh my lord, I miss baths SO MUCH! My main-floor bathroom is a walk-in shower, and my basement bathroom is being renovated. I have not had an actual bath since before I moved from the house in October. I never knew how much I would miss that.
 
12) Do you knock on wood?  or on my head, which is the next best thing
 
13) Do you floss daily?  I try, but rarely succeed. Even after my second bout with braces, several of my teeth are too close together, making flossing a bloody mess.
 
15) Can you hula hoop?  discovering that I'd lost that ability was one of the benchmarks of "old" for me. That realization set in at a birthday party for my niece's son many years ago. 
 
16) Are you good at keeping secrets?  Yes, I am.
 
17) What do you want for Christmas?  the usual: love, stocking stuffers, and warm wool socks
 
19) Do you talk in your sleep?  not that I know of? Pretty sure that my first conversation in the day is usually kind of sporadic and nonsensical to start with, though. 
 
20) Who wrote the book of love?  Adam Phillips. And if he didn't, he probably will. I've read several of his essays and a number of his books (for instance: On Kindness; Monogamy; and On Kissing, Tickling, and Being Bored {a favorite}). Like most of my favorite writers, I don't always agree with him but ALWAYS learn something in the process, and my beliefs are challenged—which is one of my keys to joy.
 
[from here; the title quotation is from Phillips' Promises, Promises]

No comments:

Post a Comment