7.07.2022

I like people and I like them to like me, but I wear my heart where God put it, on the inside

40) Where were you yesterday? 
    at home, other than a quick parental trip first thing in the morning and a brief physical therapy appointment after hours
41) What's the worst injury you've ever had? 
    several years ago, recovering from unexpectedly serious surgery, suffering from as-yet undiagnosed narcotic allergy, the next-day appointment with the surgeon involved a 'simple' procedure that resulted in the most intense pain I have felt. It did not last long - the appointment was maybe an hour at the most - but I will never forget that pain. Not an injury, but close enough to it.
42) Do you have any obsessions right now? 
    yup, I'm passionately devoted to avoiding "the news"
43) What's up? 
    oh, not too much, y'know
44) Ever had a rumor spread about you? 
    yep, my junior high bullies tormented me by spreading a rumor that I wore the same jeans every day. There was no greater shame. (And I didn't.)
45) Do you believe in real magic? 
    ah, no
46) Do you ever hold grudges against people who have done you wrong? 
    depends on the wrong. There are some things, in some circumstances, that are unforgivable.
47) What's your favorite (non-pet) animal? 
    meerkat
48) What is your secret weapon to get people to like you? 
    this question made me snort
49) Where is your best friend? 
    a few miles to the west
50) What do you think is Satan's last name? 
    the same as my last boss    
 
[from here and divided; the title quotation is by F. Scott Fitzgerald, from The Last Tycoon]

No comments:

Post a Comment