1.04.2023

in the relative context of tortoises and iguanas, human males seem to be actually rather expressive

After the nature documentary we walk down Canyon Road, 
into the plaza of art galleries and high end clothing stores 
 
where the mock orange is fragrant in the summer night 
and the smooth adobe walls glow fleshlike in the dark. 
 
It is just our second date, and we sit down on a rock, 
holding hands, not looking at eachother, 
 
and if I were a bull penguin right now I would lean over 
and vomit softly into the mouth of my beloved 
 
and if I were a peacock I’d flex my gluteal muscles to 
erect and spread the quills of my cinemax tail. 
 
If she were a female walkingstick bug she might 
insert her hypodermic probiscus delicately into my neck 
 
and inject me with a rich hormonal sedative 
before attaching her egg sac to my thoracic undercarriage, 
 
and if I were a young chimpanzee I would break off a nearby treelimb 
and smash all the windows in the plaza jewelry stores. 
 
And if she was a Brazillian leopardfrog she would wrap her impressive 
tongue three times around my right thigh and 
 
pummel me lightly against the surface of our pond 
and I would know her feelings were sincere. 
 
Instead we sit awhile in silence, until 
she remarks that in the relative context of tortoises and iguanas, 
 
human males seem to be actually rather expressive. 
And I say that female crocodiles really don’t receive 
 
enough credit for their gentleness. 
Then she suggests that it is time for us to go 
 
to get some ice cream cones and eat them. 
 
watch it here

No comments:

Post a Comment