1.06.2023

The best laid schemes o’ Mice an’ Men Gang aft agley, An’ lea’e us nought but grief an’ pain, For promis’d joy!

What is the biggest change you have made in your life in the last year?     stopping work, starting school, stopping school ... to be continued
What do you understand today about your life that you did not understand a year ago?     waiting or putting it off isn't going to make it easier when it happens
Whose life have you had the greatest impact on?     I have no idea. Is it that way for everybody, where you can't really tell where you have influence? Maybe it's a single-without-kids phenomenon.
What did life teach you yesterday?     that the best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry, as Robert Frost wrote
Who impresses you?     the BFF, for the care and concern for her family and friends that humble me
What have you done that you are not proud of?     I've been unkind, selfish, jealous, afraid, and arrogant
When should you reveal a secret that you promised you wouldn’t reveal?     never. Not all things need to be known, and my interference isn't necessary regardless.
How would you spend your ideal day?     napping, reading, eating, and more napping
What do you admire most about your mother and father?     my mom's talent for cooking and my dad's for planning projects
What is the best advice you have ever received?     "Don't get attached to the plan." The advice came from a friend of a friend at just the right time for me to hear it, when I was upset by the unexpected turns my life was taking. The point of life is not its adherence to an agenda, after all. It's sort of what you make of it, especially in the downtimes.
If you could live forever, would you want to? Why?     no, thank you. I would miss my people.
If you had to be someone else for one day, who would you be and why?     not a fair question at all
 
[from here; the title quotation is by Frost, from "To a Mouse"]

No comments:

Post a Comment