11.12.2023

this love always knows how to make me take a deep breath

1. three songs that come up when you put your iPod/phone on shuffle 
Phil Collins
    • Velvet Revolver's Big Machine
    • I Wish It Would Rain Down by Phil Collins - a song I think of nearly every sunny day, all summer long
    • Fuel's Song for You
 
2. three last songs you listened to 
    • Perfect by Simple Plan, a song that broke my heart during the year of my split with H
    
Tom Petty
Earlimart's
Before it Gets Better, a beautiful and haunting
melody.

    • All You Can Carry by Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers. If you like guitar, you'll like this song.
 
4. three songs that you know thanks to your parents 
    Paul Simon's Kodachrome, from his 'Negotiations and Love Songs' album that we played about 10,000,000 times when I was young
    • Operator, by Jim Croce - though I can sing pretty much every song he ever put out, word for word
    Tom T. Hall's The Year that Clayton Delaney Died

Tom T. Hall
 
5. three songs you wish you could forget (because listening to them hurts) 
    • Fake Plastic Trees by Radiohead
    • Wish You Were Here by Velvet Revolver
    • Mellow Yellow by Donovan
 
6. three songs you wish you could erase from history (because they’re terrible) 
    I won't do that. There is plenty of music that I don't like, but that's personal - I'm not qualified to be a critic. If you like something that I don't, more power to ya. Also, if I don't like it I'm not gonna give it play here. (My music posts are perennial hits, pun intended.)
 
7. three songs you didn’t expect to like but eventually loved
    Queens of the Stone Age's Feet Don't Fail Me Now
    • Bleed the Freak by Alice in Chains
    Tom Waits' Kiss Me
 
Third Eye Blind
8. three songs that remind you most of summer and vacation 
    Third Eye Blind's Motorcycle Drive By
    • Summer Nights by Van Halen
    Trooper's Raise a Little Hell
 
11. three favourite songs from movie or TV series soundtracks
    oh my gosh, so many! It's one of the best ways to find good music. All of Singles, obviously, is fantastic. Black Snake Moan is a different kind of awesome. 'Criminal Minds', 'Flashpoint', and 'Elementary', too. And 'ReGenesis'. And 'Northern Exposure'....
    • Hallelujah
Rufus Wainwright
by Rufus Wainwright, from 'Criminal Minds' S7 E1

   
• Lonely by Winston, from Flashpoint S4 E3
    • Lay My Love by Brian Eno & John Cage, from Northern Exposure S4 E7
 
13. three songs you want at your funeral 
    no funeral
 
14. three songs you want at your wedding 
    no wedding
 
read at your own risk :)
16. three favourite songs for sex 
    this makes me laugh. For years, Chris and I were working on a playlist for sex. Not together (the sex part)! I have a dozen versions and notes about it in a box of papers someplace, and a couple of versions in my iTunes. I miss that so much - the funny interests that we shared, the out-of-the-blue texted link to a song, the "Oh My GOD you have to hear this amazing album!" sharing. Some of those songs are really, really dirty....
 
18. three songs that remind you of your best friend 
    they've already been covered elsewhere in this post
 
19. three songs that are your guilty pleasure 
Hunters & Collectors
   
• Hell Yes by Alkaline Trio
    • Hunters & Collectors' Carry Me
    • Supa Hypnotic by Shaggy
 
21. three songs of your childhood 
    • Tom Sawyer by Rush, which was one of my brother's most-played songs one season
    • 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover by Paul Simon, which I memorized when I was way too young to recognize what I was singing - likely both hilarious and mortifying to anyone who heard it!
    •  Folsom Prison Blues by Johnny Cash
 
22. three songs you listen to when you’re sad 
    I don't seek music when I'm sad. If anything, I try hard to avoid it. I'm more into lyrics than music (sorry, purists) and equate songs with feelings about people.
 
Rob Base
23. three songs that never fail to get you pumped up 
    • Joy and Pain by Rob Base
    • Bust a Move by Young MC
    • Just Can't Get Enough by Depeche Mode
 
24. three favourite old songs 
    What does "old" even mean in this context?? 
    • Freewill by Rush
    The Beatles' And I Love Her
    • I Don't Wanna Talk about It by Rod Stewart
 
26. three favourite non-English songs 
    • Ah Ndiya
Shakira
by Oumou Sangaré
    Shakira's Ciega, Sordomuda
    • Adios Muchachos by Florindo Sassone y su Orquestra
 
27. three songs that you sing while drunk 
    probably something by Meat Loaf. Paradise by the Dashboard Light, Two Out of Three Ain't Bad, and For Crying Out Loud.
 
28. three best songs to get drunk or high to 
    • Cigarettes, Whiskey & Wild, Wild Women by Jim Croce
    • Colin Hay's I Just Don't Think I'll Ever Get Over You
    • I'm so Happy I Can't Stop Crying by Toby Keith
 
30. three other songs you really want your followers to know
    • d.a.f. by Powderfinger
    Elbow's Grace Under Pressure
    • Screaming Infidelities by Dashboard Confessional
 
[from an unknown location; the title quotation is from the English translation of one of those non-English songs]

No comments:

Post a Comment