5.26.2024

everyone should be able to do one card trick, tell two jokes, and recite three poems, in case they are ever trapped in an elevator

hugging critters
1 If there were no animals in our world, what would we be missing?     fully requited, unconditional love
2 What causes you to get flustered?    telephone calls from my sweetheart
3 What type of museum do you most like to visit?     art, history, science, and the sorts of odds and ends that people collect that don't really make sense but are fascinating to see, anyway
4 What's something that people do in traffic that really bothers you?     driving distracted scares the hell out of me. I don't want to be hurt or killed because somebody drops a french fry or is having trouble changing their XM station. Even more, I don't want someone I love to die because they have been texting with me and not paying attention to their surroundings.
accident-prone
5 How accident-prone are you?     28%. I mean, how can one answer this question? To say "kind of" or "sporadic" or "very" is meaningless without a baseline.
6 What purpose do the emotions of regret, shame, or guilt serve?     deterrent of future misdeeds, inspiration to make good choices, and a signal that we understand what others are trying to help us realize
7 Who's the jolliest person you know?     it's a tie between my high school math teacher, my gay boyfriend, and my friend Brian (Rosebud)
8 Are you serious-minded or a jokester?     more serious than jokey, I guess. I do like to laugh, and enjoy comic movies and books. I just don't think I'm terribly funny - and I'm often awkward about things others find funny that I either don't get or think is more mean than amusing.
9 If you could convey yourself or someone else at will between any two destinations, which two would you choose?     a transporter would be great when moving a cat from their home to their vacation home
10 As you fall asleep, do you prefer to be flat on your back, curled on your side, or on your stomach? What position are you in when you wake up?     I start the night curled on my right side. Sometimes sleep flat on my back, particularly if I have a headache or have worked out more intensely than usual. I generally wake on my left side. That is, when I'm sleeping on the left side of the bed (when one is in it). When I'm on the right, the whole scenario is (probably) reversed.
 
[from The Complete Book of Questions : 1001 Conversation Starters for Any Occasion; the title quotation is by Lemony Snicket, from Horseradish]

No comments:

Post a Comment