5.24.2024

I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence

A few (Jesus, sixteen) years ago, I took the Cattell 16 Factor personality test at Similar Minds. ("Raymond Cattell is an influential personality researcher whose work started in the 1920s and spanned many decades. Using a statistical method called factor analysis his research found 16 primary traits underlying human personality. He constructed a test called the 16pf to measure those traits. He later found those traits aligned with five factor personality theory (the big five).") My original results are here and also below at left; my current results are at right.
I think it's fascinating that I've become significantly less intellectual, more emotionally stable, less lively, much less socially assertive, more sensitive, less abstract, and even more open-minded. Just continuing the process of becoming my truest self.
 
[the title quotation is by Frederick Douglass]

No comments:

Post a Comment