7.08.2004

Thursday Threesome - 070804

::Not so much easy as addicted...::
 
Onesome: Not so much-- --to do now that school is out for the students? ...or maybe a little too much to do for those student's parental units? What are you up to this July? Back for Summer Sessions? ...off to the beach? ...headed out on a weekend adventure? Surely you must be doing something!
I'm working way too much in July: trying to tie up several loose ends at the library, in the midst of some extra projects elsewhere, in the final thesis editing process (if a phone conference this evening goes as planned). I'm hoping to be able to take some well-earned and much desired time away very soon.
 
Twosome: easy as-- Pie? Sure, how about your favorite pie? ...and hey, homemade versus store bought! Would you rather have Mom's Apple Pie or head on over to Marie C's for a slice of heaven there?
I'm not a huge fan of pie. I know I'm going to be accused of anti-Americanism for that, but it's only because there are other things that I like better. That being said, my mom makes a good apple pie. And when I'm in the moment, Baker's Square's chocolate peanut butter is delicious. 
 
Threesome: addicted-- Okay, what is it you are addicted to, that element of your life you simply cannot do without. Reading? The Net? Little porcelain dolls? Oh, yeah: Money? Nah, make it something you'd spend your spare change on...
A casual list of my addictions, in no order, and only as I can think of them off the top of my head:
  • tea
  • a steady supply of fresh reading material
  • buying cards (i.e. Crane's note cards, or those little square cards from Hallmark)
  • the current talisman - something I carry with me just 'cause
  • writing, somehow, somewhere
  • new music (or older music, newly discovered)
  • ironically, deprivation - it makes the eventual succumbing all the sweeter (e.g. to buying something really expensive
  • nice pens. I received a Waterman as a gift several years ago and since then it's difficult to write with disposables. My favorite is my Montblanc Meisterstück, big and heavy and masculine. It makes me feel like a lawyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment