9.24.2004

Fucking Friday

    There's not even a word for how badly my day is going. Nothing in particular is 'wrong' that should be right, I suppose, but it's a bad day nonetheless and I'm feeling like ripping someone's head off about it.
     Dinner last night made up for lunch by anyone's definition: grilled bacon-wrapped pork chops and chili fried potatoes. Unbelievably good.
     My goddamned phone has some sort of memory problem, in which it loses the setting for the ring-tone (one of the 17 that were pre-loaded), so I've received 3 phone calls in the past day that I've only known about because the people who called cared enough to leave a message. I feel kind of bad about how much I've been [mentally] bitching [other] people out for not calling when they probably did but simply didn't leave messages. Fucking useless piece of shit electronic tether bane of my existence reminder of everything that makes me unhappy goddamned phone.
     Don't ever think that the hard thing to do isn't the right thing to do. Or, perhaps that it cannot be the right thing to do. Or, perhaps one shouldn't think that the right thing to do isn't the right thing to do simply because it's so hard. What matters most is how well you walk through the fire.
     Time to go home. Bon weekend, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment