9.28.2004

Introduction

    Hi. This feels pretty strange, but after 8 months and 26 days of writing this blog, I'm finally at the point of wanting to tell some secrets. Some days it seems like that's all I'm writing, and I know that a couple of my friends who read occasionally but not every day are less than thrilled with my tendency to spill my innermost. But there remains a great deal that I'm thinking about but haven't written. Yes, I know, it's not required, this is my space, I can write about whatever I wish. The situation's changed in a fundamental way, though. I want to write about this now. It isn't that I'm just tired of not writing about it, of avoiding the subject and being overly careful to avoid pronouns. My life is clarifying itself (in some ways, in spite of me), and I'm acquiescing to it--rolling with it.
     So. Like the title says, this is an introduction. My name is, in fact, Amy. And I haven't lied, see, about what I've written, exactly. I just left something out. Something that the huge majority of those who read and also know me already know, of course, but still--I left it out on purpose. So, here it is, in print for the first time: I've been married for almost 13 years, but the relationship is quite over, and I've moved out, and am in the process of moving on. That series of clicks that some of you are hearing coincides with some things shifting into place--the utter inappropriateness of the 'Say Something' post from a couple of months ago, some comments from friends that could be interpreted as [loving, or at least concerned] scolding, and the dearth of posts over the last 2 weeks.
     That's all. Not salacious, or earth-shattering, or terribly surprising in the realm of bloggable topics. I'm not sure if I'll write about it directly beyond this, but it was important to me to be honest. And to get it all down, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment