9.22.2004

Why Not?

~ From the "Because I Needed to Know This" [and make it public] File: according to the "Squirrel Name Generator," from this day forward I will also be known as: Lieutenant Furryface. Link via Sweet Memes (thanks, Scampy Honeynuts!).
~ Bought the Coach Classic Basic Bag, in black, as a sort of belated graduation gift for myself. I've been looking at it on and off for a while, I don't have anything like it, and it's pretty.
~ I realized yesterday that I have 6 pairs of brown sandals. I live in the Flatland, and I have six pairs of brown sandals. I don't wear sandals year-round (eeew). I don't have a dozen pairs of colored sandals. I'm just weird about brown ones.
~ Someone who'd been very much missing from my life--in a painful way--reappeared on Monday. Prior to the reappearance I'd have thought I'd be thrilled and grateful if that person ever came back. The reality is somewhat softer and more strange. I'm weary, sad, and I suppose grateful, although not for what I'd have thought. Grateful for my friends who've been here all along, and for my own backbone, and for peace when I'm alone. And for not knowing more than I ever knew before. I know that this doesn't make sense, but trust me, I'm happy (happier and more content than I've been in a very long time) and it's a good thing.
~ Congratulations to my friend on the purchase of the house! I wish all the best to you.
~ Confidential to 'the one who saw the shorter haired one': I hope you're not too freaked out. We'll have lunch and I'll make it make sense for you, if that's possible.
~ Yargh. This could get maudlin, so I'll stop before it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment