10.20.2004

The World is Coming to an End (please?!)

~ The Head of Adult Services is wearing thigh-high black leather boots, a black mini-skirt, and more makeup than a horde of skanky tarts.
~ Two copies of my bound thesis arrived in the mail yesterday. My name in gold, on the cover of a book. Another level of 'wow.'
~ Co-worker T and I listened to a CD from the settlement yesterday called Momentos by La Mafia. A bunch of baby-faced Latinos appearing oddly like N*Sync or the Backstreet Boys. Far from crooning like mafiosos, their sound was much more...New Kids on the Block. I wanted to wash out my ears with soap but Uncle Kracker's Seventy Two & Sunny served as an admirable substitute.
~ My high school shot off fireworks to commemorate their final football game of the season on Friday. It was their 17th (?) loss in a row.
~ I can't find anyone with whom to go shopping for clothes tomorrow. I need clothes. Ergo, I'm going shopping by myself.
    That being said, I'm not opposed to company, if anyone's going to be around and wants to pore through skirts & sweaters with me.
~ Over the last two days, 3 people have suggested that 'the way I should make some extra money' (since I've been contemplating the best way to go about accomplishing that) is to sell beaded jewelry. It's a compliment, for sure, but it's also very impractical. What would I do, line my jacket with it and sell it on the street during my lunch hour?
~ Hungry. Want scones. Having banana instead. Hate being a grownup sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment