2.24.2005

One of Those Times

"I've turned into a complete imbecile. (I even spelled that word incorrectly on the first attempt.) While doing one of the eight loads of laundry with which I tortured my neighbors this weekend, I managed to include..."

my digital camera-to-computer [USB] cable. Yes, that's right: I washed a computer cable. It had been lying on the dining room table next to the camera bag (there but for the grace of God...?) and I apparently plunked my Cold Whites on or near it while sorting laundry. And I didn't place them into the washer individually but rather all as one lump. Including the cable. So when I went to pull out the load on Sunday morning, I found the cable--for which I'd fruitlessly searched for nearly an hour on Saturday night.

Damn it.

I let it drain in the kitchen sink for a couple of hours, and then tried it out. It worked as always.

Whew.

It sucks to be really scatterbrained sometimes! But sometimes, you get lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment