3.01.2005

While I'm Looking Back...

Since I'm going back, and telling a little more truth than I used to, here's a re-work of Out on a Limb.

I found this survey in a classified location online, and I'd love to give attribution but it would reveal too much, so I'll just give a generic nod to the person through whom I found it.

  • Starting time: 11:55 AM

  • Full name: My full name is 24 characters. The unused letters of the alphabet are b, f, h, j, p, q, s, v, and x. The following letters are used twice: a, d, e, r, w. "o" is used 3 times, all in one name.

  • Nicknames: Aim, A, and a few that are single-use. I've not been blessed with a great nickname, though. Feel free to suggest one.

  • School: None! Yay!

  • Email: I have at least 9 email addresses, one of which is readily accessible from this blog.

  • Eyes: two, a blue as timeless as... oh, nevermind

  • Height: it's no secret--64 inches

  • Siblings: two, both older. Bro is 40 (sigh) and sissy (BWA-ha-ha-ha-ha) is 38, to be 39 in a couple of months.

  • Ever been kissed: yes. What's the point of blogging if I haven't been kissed?

  • Ever cheat or been cheated on?: yes. Oh, good grief, yes.

  • Ever missed school because it was raining? no. Many, many other weather-related "reasons," but never that one.

  • Ever faked sick? yes, but I felt so guilty that it wasn't close to worth it. I do so love the personal day. Kids should get them, too.

  • Kept a secret from everyone? yes (what value as a friend would I have if I couldn't keep secrets?). I know that's not the point, is it? Hmm. Keeping secrets. Yes, I have to admit that I do that, every now and then. I'm multi-faceted, which is a pretty way of saying "two-faced." At times.

  • Had an imaginary friend? no. You're all real, aren't you???

  • Wanted to hook up with a friend? yes--particular circumstances apply. e.g. gender...

  • Cried during a flick? yes. I'm female!

  • Who is your "star crush"? N/A. I'll stick with my original answer: 'I'd be more likely to have a literary crush like the elusive Lawrence Selden in The House of Mirth or the wretched but beautiful John Willoughby in Sense and Sensibility. Willoughby has much in common with Russ, now that I think of it.'

  • Do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend? I'll take the 5th.


  • FAVORITES
  • Drink: Coke, or prehaps Republic of Tea Blackberry Sage (Tea for Wisdom)

  • Food: a good BLT, or maybe a steak as big as my head.

  • Restaurant: Sorrento's

  • Shampoo: Joico Kerapro shampoo, Aveda Rosemary Mint conditioner.

  • Color: periwinkle, black, red

  • Summer/Winter? autumn, still--although spring's not far behind.

  • Online/Offline? I like my original answer: 'There's no way to answer this question without sounding like an ass, since I'm writing online but I live offline. Let's just say that, like heaven and hell, I have friends in both places.'

  • Like anyone: Yup.

  • Who have you known the longest out of your friends: Jennifer, whom I met on my 5th birthday (8-27-75). Of those who read this with any regularity, JCL and R--Hi, R!

  • Who's the shyest? T

  • Who do you go to for advice? D. T. The Cat. Used to go to J/M/W, but more often than not recently, that's a logical impossibility.

  • Who do you get along with? Again, I'll go with my original answer: 'As if I'm mentally feeble enough to answer this question!'


  • IN THE LAST 2 WEEKS HAVE YOU...
  • Cried: yes. Today, in fact.

  • Been mean: no

  • Been sarcastic: not so much as I used to be. More so on the blog than in "real life."

  • Been yelled at: no

  • Talked to someone you have a crush on? yes

  • Hugged someone: yes

  • Wished upon a star: yes

  • Laughed until you've cried: yes, surprisingly...

  • Played Truth or Dare: no--but I wish!

  • Watched a sunrise/sunset: no. Too tired.

  • Went to the beach at night: no.

  • Were you lonely? yes, but not so much.

  • Were you happy? yes, more than not.

  • Have you talked to someone online? yes, exhaustively. Not IMing, but gmailing.


  • DO YOU BELIEVE IN...
  • God/Devil: not in the traditional sense.

  • Love: absolutely

  • The Closet Monster: no

  • Heaven/Hell: not exactly

  • Superstitions? yes, very much so

  • Half empty or half full: I like my original answer: 'I'm shooting for "just half"'

  • Who named you? Mom & Dad. I don't know the whole story except that they wanted a short, short name that couldn't be cutesy-ized. So they gave me a cutesy name to start out with.

  • Favorite quote: This varies so widely. I'll find one...

    "some do it naturally
    some obscenely
    everywhere."

    (Charles Bukowski)


  • When was the last time you showered? within 24 hrs of this point. To be more specific, yesterday before work. If I shower more than every other day, my skin peels badly. (I'm highly sensitive.) (Can you hear the echoing laughter of my very good friends?)

  • What is the last thing u said online? "...tying weights to my feet and setting free a herd of squalling monkeys in my brain, making me wince when the keyboard is too noisy and making me want to cry when I shift in my seat."
  • What is right next to you?: to the left, a can of medicinal Coke. To the right, my keys, sunglasses, mobile phone, and a strawberry pop-tart.
  • What is your computer desk made of? at work, plastic wood-look crap. At home, it's a beauty of a Danish concoction made of, I believe, maple.

  • What was the last thing that you did? Cat'ed The Thomas Register, located a book on the Underground Railroad for D, arranged coverage for the public service desk for this afternoon, replied to gmail, and found 3 [nonfiction] books about World War II "that read like novels" for an outreach patient patron.

  • Where do you want to go on your honeymoon? Fiji.

  • Where do you want your wedding? Again, I'll take the 5th.

  • Where do you live?: In Syc., in a very light apartment that's filled with books, and makes me very happy.

  • How's the weather? Crap. Mostly cloudy, 24°F, feels Like 9°F. Humidity 62%. Chance of precipitation, 10%. Wind from the NW at 20 mph.

  • What did you do last night? I worked 11 hours yesterday, covering. (While the cat's away, the mice work their fucking asses off, so don't give me any more shit about that.) Then I hand-washed sweaters and pissed around making CDs until 11, when I crawled into bed. Then I wrote in my journal until I was falling asleep between nearly every line. Then, to sleep.

  • What are you doing tonight? More of the same?

  • How do YOU eat an Oreo? I don't.

  • All time favorite TV show: Homefront.

  • Dream vehicle: One that runs well, gets me where I want to go, and doesn't cost too much. I'm getting old.

  • What do you want to be when you grow up? Happy.

  • Favorite music? A little of this, a little of that. More soul, swing, and country now than before: I'm developing taste.

  • Favorite band? It varies too often to say. Today, though, Vertical Horizon. I'm listening to There and Back Again as I write.

  • Favorite food? Circus Peanuts.

  • Favorite days of the week? I have four.

  • Favorite animal? fish?

  • Brand of clothing? VS

  • If you could change your name, what would it be? Something I'll keep for a lifetime.

  • Do you sleep with a stuffed animal? no

  • The most stupidest thing you have ever done? I'll keep my original answer: 'This remains to be seen. However, using toilet paper as a substitute for gauze when I cut my leg on a broken window in college was pretty dumb, a sentiment that was brought home to me distinctly the morning after when I went to Health Service to have the glass removed and the nurse had to pull out the tp at the same time. That was an especially painful Tetanus shot, too.'

  • First son's name? I doubt that I'll have one, but if I had to hazard a guess, I'd say 'Nat.'

  • First daughter's name? I doubt that I'll have one, but if I did, it might be 'Catherine.'

  • First crush? Doesn't matter, does it? They all end.

  • On the phone or in person? in person, duh

  • If you could change something about yourself, what would it be? I want a tattoo. And some self-control. (Are they mutually exclusive propositions?)

  • Where were you born? In a small hospital that is now larger, in a large town that is now a small city.

  • What kind of pets do you have? ducks

  • Who sent this to you? (see top)

  • What do you think about this person? n/a

  • Your favorite songs? Original answer: 'Read the blog and figure it out.'

  • Anything you want to say to everyone? Clearly. I'm a writer.

  • Do you want your friends to do this survey? Yes.

  • Time Finished: 5:28, although I haven't worked straight through. I went to lunch and did boatloads of work throughout all this frivolity.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment