I wear all black, and I get this:
* "What's this, your 'Johnny Cash look'?"
* "Are you in mourning?"
* "Headin' to a poetry reading?"
When normal people lose weight, they get compliments or requests for advice.
When I lost weight (or, more accurately, when someone sees me for the first time since I've been lighter), I get this:
* "Oh my God."
* "You look great--what happened?!"
* "You should've done this long ago!"
When normal people plan a party and put "R.S.V.P." at the bottom of the invitation, they get calls or emails from the people that they invited, giving a "yea" or a "nay".
When I write "R.S.V.P." at the bottom of an invitation, I get this:
* [blank stare]
* casual, verbal, offhand, "I'll be there if I can"
* actual replies from the two people that I knew would be there, regardless.