2.14.2008

as well as can be

    Have you seen the national news this afternoon/evening? As of the last report, 5 are dead, 14 wounded. Thousands of students, faculty and staff terrified and grieving, barely starting to process something that will stay with them forever.
    Everyone that I know well who's connected with that school is safe. I have several friends and lots of acquaintances who go to school or work there, though, and it's likely to be days before the list of casualties is released. So much time to wonder.
    Why does it keep coming down to this? I'm thinking it and writing it one more time: if you have the chance, tell the people that you love how you feel. Take a few more moments to appreciate what you have. Be a little more kind than necessary, just in case.
    And read this and know that I'm writing it to you: thank you for being my friend. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment