2.29.2008

ninety nine...ninety nine...

MUSIC SHUFFLE
Put your mp3 on random and type the song that comes up. Answer the q's.

Song 1: "Faithfully" (Journey)
1. How did you discover this song? I think it was a favorite of one or another of my siblings when it came out. They were in high school and I was in junior high.
2. Is this a good dancing song? Slow, in that barely-moving way that was so perfect during the early 80s.
3. Have you seen this band live? Nope. Would've loved to during the Steve Perry era, though.

Song 2: "I Take it on Home" (Charlie Rich)
1. The hottest member of this band is... ...um, Charlie Rich? Tho he's so not hot.
2. Does this band have piano? Yup.
3. Is this your favorite band? Not by a long shot, but he has a great voice and wrote great sad songs.

Song 3: "Not Tonight" (Al Green)
1. Does anyone in this band have a beard? He did for some period of time. On the cover of this album (I Can't Stop), he does not.
2. Do you like this song? Sure.
3. Are there any girls in this band? Nope.

Song 4: "Get Right with Me" (Depeche Mode)
1. Has this band ever toured with Fall Out Boy? Not bloody likely.
2. Does your best friend like this song? Matt might. The Cat would probably smile & shake her head about it -
Life is such a short thing
That I cannot comprehend
But if this life were a bought thing
There are ways I know we'd mend
3. One memory with this song: None at all. It's one of a hundred Mode songs that I've heard several times but hasn't yet made a connection.

Song 5: "Concerto in C, Allegro Spiritoso" (Derek Wickens, Oboe; from Oboe Concertos by Vivaldi)...um, perhaps I'll skip to the next one. More in keeping with the spirit of the exercise, eh?
    "I Want More" (Chumbawamba)
1. Does this song make you cry? No, unless I had a migraine, and then it would only because it is so intensely, um, intense.
2. Do you have the CD this song is on? Yes.
3. One memory with this song: None at all. I think I've only listened to "Tubthumping" and "Mary, Mary" on that disc.

Song 6: "Sleep to Dream Her" (Dave Matthews Band)
1. Does this song remind you of a boy? Yup - Robert
2. Have you ever heard this song live? No
3. What is the first line of this song?
I know I'll miss her later
Wish I could bend my love to hate her
Wish I could be her creator
To twist her arms now

Song 7: "Come to Baby, Do" (Nat King Cole Trio)
1. What is the chorus? "Come to baby, do."
2. Does this song make you want to destroy things? Not at all. It's repetitive and gentle, and quite sweet.
3. Would anyone expect you to have this song? Sure. I love Nat.

Song 8: "It Shouldn't Take Too Long" (Cutting Crew)
1. Did you pirate this song? No.
2. Who told you about this band? God only knows. It's been ages. I think I bought this album (Broadcast) from Columbia House Record Club when I was a young teen.
3. Is this a Christian band? Not so much, though they're inoffensive.

Song 9: "Reply" (Staind)
1. Does this band use synth? No
2. What is your favorite line from this song?
So thank you for
The letters that you thought you wrote in vain
And for
The times you chose to stand out in the rain
And wait
The life I live would never be the same
Without you here
3. Does your mom like this band? Not hardly, though I could probably slip in a specific song or two that she'd love. "Zoe Jane", for instance, would please her a great deal.

Song 10: "Little Latin Lupe Lu" (The Righteous Brothers)
1. Have you ever written the lyrics to this anywhere? No
2. Are all of the original members of this band still in it? I don't think they're still around. Lemme check...Bobby Hatfield died in 2003. So, no.
3. Is this your favorite song? No, not even by them. It's sort of, um, dated. I like "Hung On You" and, naturally, "You've Lost that Lovin' Feelin'." And "Unchained Melody", of course.

Song 11: "So Long" (Sister Hazel)
1. What is your favorite song from this band? Today? "Strange Cup of Tea". Ask again tomorrow.
2. Does this song swear? Nope.
3. Have you heard this on the radio? Nope.

Song 12: "Meet me at Mary's Place" (Sam Cooke)
1. What is your favorite line? The lyrics to this song are absolutely idiotic.
2. Does this song sing about stars? No.
3. Who is the singer? ...Sam Cooke.

Song 13: "Think Visual [Live]" (The Kinks)
1. Is there a number in this song? No.
2. Is this song special to you for any reason? Not even remotely.
3. Is this song good for moshing? Yeah, I think I could do that.

Song 14: "Nothing" (Depeche Mode)
1. How long have you liked this band? Somewhere around 22 years.
2. Is this song about a girl? I wouldn't say it's not, given that nearly everything they've ever played has had a sexual element. Strictly on face value, though: no.
3. Have you told someone about this band? I'm quite certain that I have. They remain a guilty pleasure, 22 years after our introduction.

Song 15: "Black & Blue" (Counting Crows)
1. Do you listen to this for a certain mood? It's not a happy song.
2. Does this remind you of anyone? Yes.
3. What is the last line of this song?
Have a dream I'm falling down
On my face
Scrape my knees
Scrape my hands until they bleed
Cause you're fast asleep next to me
Next to me...
 
[from The Cat]

No comments:

Post a Comment