3.19.2010

bet you know how to make it last forever

Q: WHAT MADE YOU SMILE YESTERDAY?
A: Text messages from an old friend.
Q: WHAT WERE YOU DOING AT 8 THIS MORNING?
A: Just stepping into the shower.
Q: WHAT WERE YOU DOING 15 MINUTES AGO?
A: Quizzing Farmer E about music that she dislikes, in hopes that I won't put any of it on the mix that I'll likely finish this weekend.
Q: LAST THING YOU SAID ALOUD?
A: "Don't forget to come back"--to my colleague, leaving for lunch. (The weather is that nice.)
Q: HOW MANY DIFFERENT THINGS DID YOU DRINK TODAY?
A: Just one: [caffeinated] wild blueberry tea.
Q: WHERE IS YOUR BEST FRIEND RIGHT NOW?
A: At work. It's Friday afternoon.
Q: HAVE YOU EVER MADE UP YOUR OWN LANGUAGE?
A: Not in so many words, but there is a sense in which one does this with a person one loves.
Q: ARE YOU A STRIPPER?
A: No, but others who live in my apartment complex are thought to be.
Q: DO YOU CALL PEOPLE MONKEYS?
A: Not that I recall?
Q: WHAT COLOR IS YOUR TOOTHBRUSH?
A: Green.
Q: WHAT IS OUT YOUR BACK DOOR?
A: More parking lot. Ah, "urban" living.
Q: LAST THING YOU BOUGHT?
A: Groceries, on the way home from work on Tuesday evening.
Q: LAST GIFT YOU RECEIVED FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY?
A: There were several, including tickets to the Incubus concert, a gift certificate for a massage (always a wonderful gift), and books and gift cards for same.
Q: WHAT COLOR IS YOUR FRONT DOOR?
A: Depends to which 'front' you refer. Downstairs: white. Upstairs: wood, and fairly cheap. Interior: wood, and very thick & heavy.
Q: WHERE DO YOU KEEP YOUR CHANGE?
A: A dollar or two in my wallet, accumulations on the table next to the bed, and eventually in a jar on the bookshelf in the bedroom.
Q: WHAT'S THE WEATHER LIKE TODAY?
A: Gorgeous. According to weather.com: 60°, Feels Like: 60° F, Partly Cloudy, winds from WSW at 13mph. All in all, for this time of year, wonderful.
Q: BEST ICE CREAM FLAVOR?
A: Peach melba.
Q: LAST RAINBOW YOU SAW?
A: Last summer? No clue.
Q: DO YOU HAVE ANY SISTER(S)?
A: In name only.
Q: ARE YOU OVER THE AGE OF 25?
A: Indeed.
Q: DO YOU TALK A LOT?
A: I try not to.
Q: DO YOU WATCH THE O.C.?
A: Never. Did I miss anything good?
Q: DO YOU KNOW ANYONE CALLED VALDO?
A: Not of which I'm aware.
Q: ARE YOU TICKLISH?
A: Yup.
Q: ARE YOU TYPICALLY A JEALOUS PERSON?
A: I don't burn with it, but...yeah. I have my moments.
Q: NAME SOMEBODY YOU KNOW WHOSE NAME STARTS WITH THE LETTER A:
A: That's a hard one. Hmm. Well, my favorite employer's name was Andy.
Q: DO YOU CHEW ON YOUR STRAWS?
A: No.
Q: WHAT IS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
A: PB&J.
Q: DO YOU WATCH TV?
A: Less than you might think.
Q: HAVE YOU SEEN THE TV SHOW EVERYONE LOVES VALDO?
A: No.
Q: DO YOU HAVE WORK TOMORROW?
A: No, but I almost wish....
Q: EVER BEEN HUNTING?
A: No, but I vigorously defend the right (and responsibility) of others to do it. Even though it's a little scary when certain people do....
Q: IS MARRIAGE IN YOUR FUTURE?
A: Do I look like Kreskin? Who knows.
Q: WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU SAID "I LOVE YOU" AND MEANT IT?
A: I don't say it if I don't mean it.
I didn't say it last night, but should have.
In answer to the question: Sunday.
Q: DO YOU THINK THE PERSON WHO SAID IT TO YOU OR BACK TO YOU MEANT IT?
A: Yes.
Q: YOU HAVE A NICKNAME?
A: Mostly just lame derivations of my name. Borrrrrrring.
Q: DO YOU BELIEVE IN LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT?
A: I believe in chemistry.
Well, that's been my standard answer for a while. Maybe it's time to rethink that. Maybe that's all bullshit, too.
Q: ARE YOU A HEAVY SLEEPER?
A: I can be. Was last night, when I came home from work and promptly "napped" for 2 1/2 hours. If I lived somewhere that was quiet and dark, I'd sleep like the dead.
Q: ARE YOU CURRENTLY DEPRESSED?
A: Probably not.
Q: DO YOU THINK ANYONE MISSES YOU RIGHT NOW?
A: I do not. I think I'm rather easily forgettable--engaging and distracting face to face but once out of range, I disappear.

[split into 2 parts, from The Cat, who got it here]

3 comments:

  1. 1. Re your last line: BULL.

    2. I challenge ANYone else to comment. No, seriously.

    And captcha is "dialin" which is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 真正的愛心,是照顧好自己的這顆心。........................................

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous says: "True love is to take care of one's own heart."

      Delete