7.26.2013

the important thing was to love rather than to be loved

  1. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed? closed, always. I wander occasionally wander the night, and open closet doors are a death trap waiting to happen!
  2. Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotel? nope
  3. Do you sleep with your sheets tucked in or out? tucked at the end, but open on the side that's closest to me. There's nothing worse than hot feet—yeah, I said it—when you're in bed.
  4. Have you ever stolen a street sign before? not a street sign, no
  5. Do you like to use Post-It® notes? I love them! 3M products are the bees' knees.
  6. Do you cut out coupons but then never use them? not very often
  7. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of a bees? big bear. Let's get this over all at once, shall we?
  8. Do you have freckles? increasingly, yes. Not a fan.
  9. Do you always smile for pictures? given adequate warning, I make an attempt to do so. As with the freckles: not a fan.
  10. What is your biggest pet peeve? slow traffic in the left lane. (Status as "biggest" subject to change without notice.)
  11. Do you ever count your steps when you walk? no, Rainman, I do not
  12. Have you ever peed in the woods? of course
  13. What about pooped in the woods? never!
  14. Do you ever dance even if there's no music playing? I'm not much of a dancer anyway, but definitely not without music
  15. Do you chew your pens and pencils? eewww, no. Yuck!
  16. How many people have you slept with this week? ha! As if.
  17. What size is your bed? she is a Queen
  18. What is your Song of the week? Love Love, Kiss Kiss by Alkaline Trio
  19. Is it OK for guys to wear pink? yup. Strange that anyone would even ask such a thing.
  20. Do you still watch cartoons? I'm still a Simpsons fan, though it's nothing I'd foist on someone who isn't seeking it
  21. What's your least favorite movie? there are so many! My dismay at the time wasted watching Joe versus the Volcano is well known. I recently saw Silver Linings Playbook, which makes me more angry and disgusted each time I think about it. And (500) Days of Summer makes me want to punch something until it bleeds.
  22. Where would you bury hidden treasure if you had some? I don't think I'll reveal my secrets that easily
  23. What do you drink with dinner? it varies. Tonight I had milk...from a bag!
  24. What do you dip a chicken nugget in? BBQ sauce or yellow mustard
  25. What is your favorite food? it's not that easy to say. I'd make a good argument for chicken and biscuits right now, though.
  26. What movies could you watch over and over and still love? Trust, The Professional, Cradle 2 the Grave, Strictly Ballroom, The Big Bad Swim
  27. Last person you kissed/kissed you? Dan
  28. Were you ever a boy/girl scout? I was not. For many years I was totally unprepared, and even now get by in only a half-assed fashion.
  29. Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine? prehaps, though I doubt that it would be remunerative enough to be worthwhile
  30. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper? um, yesterday? Why is this such a big ordeal?
  31. Can you change the oil on a car? can. Don't.
  32. Favorite kind of sandwich? BLT, no tomato, no mayo
  33. Best thing to eat for breakfast? cereal, or pancakes and bacon
  34. What is your usual bedtime? somewhere between 9 and 1
  35. Are you lazy? sporadically. Sometimes I'm the epitome of organization and efficiency. It really depends on motivation and payoff.
  36. When you were a kid, what did you dress up as for Halloween? Little Red Riding Hood, a ghost, a football player. Notoriously, a tomato.
  37. What is your Chinese astrological sign? I think I'm a dog, ironically
  38. How many languages can you speak? one. I understand a couple of others reasonably well.
  39. Do you have any magazine subscriptions? I do. One just switched to an online-only format, which I think I hate.
  40. Which are better, Legos or Lincoln Logs? Lincoln Logs
  41. Are you stubborn? Hell yes
  42. Who is better, Leno or Letterman? Letterman
  43. Do you sing in the car? I do. How better to sort through stuff that's heavy on your mind?
  44. Do you sing in the shower? never. *gurgle*
  45. Do you dance in the car? uh, no. Danger!
  46. Ever used a gun? I have, yes
  47. Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer? an official "portrait"? Probably high school graduation. It's been a while.
    I've had photos taken by professional photographers since then, but not "portraits." Per se.
  48. Do you think musicals are cheesy? nope. I could hardly think that, given that one of my very favorite people in the world has a sort of musical soundtrack running in her mind at all times. It's lovely. Odd, but lovely.
  49. Is Christmas stressful? yep
  50. Ever eat a pierogi? oh, my. I seriously thought that read "person" at first.
    So, yeah. Pierogi. Yes, I've had them.
  51. Favorite type of fruit pie? apple
  52. Ever have a déjà vu feeling? of course. I think everyone has, whether they'll admit it to anyone else or not.
  53. Take a vitamin daily? I try to. My diet is reasonably good, but it isn't perfect. The supplement helps.
  54. Wear slippers? when it's cold, sure
  55. Wear a bath robe? yep
  56. First concert? Depeche Mode, with Nitzer Ebb to start
  57. Wal-Mart, Target or Kmart? Target
  58. Nike or Adidas? Nike - if only because I've got a pair or two of Nike socks and nothing by the other
  59. Cheetos or Fritos? depends. I like puffy Cheetos (a LOT) but I like BBQ Fritos, too.
  60. Peanuts or Sunflower seeds? peanuts
  61. Can you curl your tongue? of course. Anyone who can't is deficient.
  62. Ever won a spelling bee? no
  63. Have you ever cried because you were so happy? yes
  64. Own any record albums? I suppose that I do, technically
  65. Own a record player? no
  66. Regularly burn incense? never - it sets off allergies and headaches
  67. Ever been in love? I need to read more carefully, because I thought that said "Iowa" at first, which was a much more fun question.
    Yes. I have.
  68. Tea or coffee? tea
  69. Sugar cookies or snickerdoodles? snickerdoodles
  70. Can you swim well? no
  71. Can you hold your breath without holding your nose? yes
  72. Are you patient? depends. Sometimes I'm creepy-patient, and sometimes I'm more fidgety than a 3-year-old.
  73. Ever won a contest? lots. I won Michael Jackson's Thriller LP in a contest, for instance.
  74. Which are better, black or green olives? green
  75. Can you knit or crochet? I can, but for the comfort of everyone, I do not
  76. Best room for a fireplace? elsewhere. I'm not fond of them.
  77. Who was your HS crush? there may have been more than one
  78. Do you cry and throw a fit until you get your own way? not since I was about 12
  79. Do you miss anyone right now?
    I loved my friend.
    He went away from me.
    There's nothing more to say.
    The poem ends
    Soft as it began-
    I loved my friend.
    [Langston Hughes, 'Poem']
[from the original source, with several {inane} prompts selectively deleted; the title quotation is by W. Somerset Maugham, from Of Human Bondage (1915)]

4 comments:

  1. So, I'm deficient and odd? Nice. :-P

    I did most of this one in July of 2006,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You think in musicals, too? That wasn't you that I'd had in mind, but that's swell anyway.

      The deficiency was a joke, of course.

      Delete
  2. Yes, but clearly I haven't expressed those thoughts out loud often enough.
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. #79 is beautiful. Simply, truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete