10.22.2013

now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy

    That's my littlest friend. He'd been having a rough time that day, and needed some snuggling. He curled up next to me, but apparently "next to" was too far away. He kept nudging himself closer and closer, until finally he'd pushed my arm up and around, and then shoved his body into the crook of my elbow, and then dropped his head into the palm of my hand. The best part was when he tucked his top paw in next to his face. Finally content.
    If only it were always such a straight-forward thing, to get what we need.

[the title quotation is by Guillaume Apollinaire]

2 comments:

  1. A cat? Does the cat live with you and own you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's closer to say that I live with the cat, and his sister, and his people. I'm lodging with friends. It began temporarily, and seems to be taking on a less temporary status as summer turns to fall turns to winter.

      Housing situation aside, though, it seems clear that Rupert believes that he and I are fated to be together, and that he owns me. Being here has been, among many other things, a lovely respite from my pet-free existence.

      Delete