- Who was the last person you texted? a young coworker who is known by different names, but answers to "Saucy"
- When is your birthday?
"In the dog days of summer as muslin curls on its own heat[from 'Dog Days of Summer' by Meena Alexander]
And crickets cry in the black walnut tree
The wind lifts up my life
And sets it some distance from where it was."
- Who do you want to be with right now?
"It is only, perhaps, after you have loved and lost that you can comprehend what it means to have another person love you.
"Those who have never suffered unrequited love are commonly those who are most insensitive toward the hurt they may inflict on others, and the least appreciative of the gift of love."
[Sydney J. Harris]
- What sports do you play? I'm not much of a player. Table tennis, when I can. Pool. Real tennis, too, if the competition isn't too fierce.
- Who is the first person in your blogroll? ze Cat
- What is your favorite song at the moment? this was on the radio when I was in a restaurant earlier today, and I can't get it out of my head. I was going to snip in a lyric, but they're all just nonsense. Highly catchy stuff, though...
"Hole Hearted" by Extreme, from Pornograffiti
- If you were stranded on an island, who do you wish to be with?
“Men always want to be a woman’s first love; women have a more subtle instinct: what they like is to be a man’s last romance.”
- What do you feel right now? cold feet, slight headache, sore knee
- What chocolate is your favorite? milk
- How many boyfriends/girlfriends did you have? infinity squared
- Why did you create a blog account? heaven knows
- Who is your favorite blogger? I couldn't play favorites. That's like a squirrel having a favorite nut.
- Where do you want to be right now? somewhere around the country's largest shrine (metaphorically if not literally)
- What do you want to be in the future? insanely happy, of course, like some slavering hound with the most delicious bone
- When was the last time you cried? Why? what time is it?
- Are you happy? somewhat, sort of? Yeah. I didn't get fired today. My knee seems to be reconnecting itself. I had a conversation tonight with one of my favorite people. The weekend's only a couple of days away.
- Who do you miss? I never really liked him anyway.
- If you were given a chance, would you like to have a different life? not entirely different
- What was the best thing you were given? my brain, I guess? But there are some things that come close.
- Who was the last person who called you? lots of calls; far fewer connections. The last person who called that I answered is... well. Anyway.
"If we discovered that we had only five minutes left to say all we wanted to say, every phone booth would be occupied by people calling other people to stammer that they loved them."
- What is your favorite dish? this one (see photo at right)
- Who is your best friend? D
- What is your biggest regret? blithely going along with trading 27 years of friendship for 2 days of kisses and a couple of months of text messages
- Have you ever avoided your partner? uh, yeah
- Who do you spend crazy moments with? D
[snagged from here; the title quotation is by Sally Mandel, in Out of the Blue]