4.05.2017

my yearning to revel again in those moments I squandered

I fancy everyone I've ever known well
or not in one space a hall perhaps a tent
great flapper stretched over the patch

of the earth of my life so I can count to myself
the friends the unfriends even the lovers
from that awful wonderful time of lovers

who could be called such only in looking back
let them be here too in that mortal-immortal
where we swarm on each other embracing

and where I lower my face lightly to yours
offering shy kisses not for memories of loss
or regret but because of my yearning to revel

again in those moments I squandered that left me
friend-self enemy-self with so many memories
still cunningly waiting their revealment

[C.K. Williams {1936-2015}, 'Everyone', from Falling Ill: last poems]

No comments:

Post a Comment