4.11.2021

love is a long trial, a wending, and an uneven effort

We love what's best in our beloved, what's worst in them. 
You have to like what time does. Each day I talk to the part 
of me that is my beloved from a tiny telephone in me. 
I communicate in the clicks and beeps of our abbreviated tongue. 
Love is a long trial, a wending, and an uneven effort. 
I hate the word faith, but that's all there is. Only 
the last one standing knows the score. Think of the types 
of violence on a continuum, and toward the mildest 
end is love. I’m torn by you! I scream when my beloved 
pulls at our bond. I'm an alien host or we are two yous 
subsumed by a single body. The beloved says, You changed 
my brain; and I am at that mercy, which is meant 
as a warranty for longevity, but there is no real promise: 
you keep knowing each other and knowing each other. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment