2.15.2023

I'd rather a man to avoid Than a man to imagine in a realm Unseen

All my anxiety is separation anxiety. 
I want to believe you are here with me, 
But the bed is bigger and the trash 
Overflows. Someone righteous should 
Take out my garbage. I am so many odd 
And enviable things. Righteous is not 
One of them. I'd rather a man to avoid 
Than a man to imagine in a realm 
Unseen, though even the doctor who 
Shut your eyes swears you're somewhere 
As close as breath. Mine, not yours. 
You don't have breath. You got 
Heaven. That's supposed to be my 
Haven. I want you to tell me it sparkles 
There. I want you to tell me anything 
Again and again while I turn you over 
To quiet you or to wake and remind you 
I can't be expected to clean up after a man. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment