5.03.2012

obviously my body doesn't believe a word my brain is saying

May 3: profligate
Not much for profligacy in my life these days. A quiet day at the BFF's house (with lunch at the bowling alley) while I was home, as well as the launching of my "Irish Bird Assassin" alter-ego while out for beer-and-curds with BGM from Sledding with Rosebud. I was sad to have missed the opportunity to see one of my very favorite people, but given the length of the trip (short) and the net distance we'd have to travel (nearly 400 miles) it does seem less of a given that we could easily smoosh those plans into an already busy life. I'll see him later this summer, with any luck. It's been way too long.

Today I am tired. The first day back at work, and it was a working day, for sure. They saved it up for me while I was gone. (Not only the work, but the ineffable worky-ness.) Although it seems a little ridiculous, I'm pathetically glad that I'm only working a half-day tomorrow before a massage and haircut appointment. It's time to relax, and then become Revenge Blond.

kablooie!
The guy--I guess he needs a nickname, eh? Let's call him Rowdy Yates--went kablooie. Despite the ever-hopeful D's sense to the contrary, I don't think it's a temporary aberration; it's the real deal. We really, really do (seem to) want very different things out of a relationship, and maybe out of life in general. I was uncharacteristically forthright in expressing how I felt about it, and he was, thankfully, equally direct in returning the favor. I miss him already, but that was part of the problem all along, so, I guess it's no big change.

It's time to get some sleep.

[the title quotation is by Bill Watterson, from The Indispensable Calvin & Hobbes]

No comments:

Post a Comment